I was lucky enough to spend last week in Vegas baby, a city that boasts nearly as many nicknames as New Orleans. Las Vegas has definitely earned the title of “Marriage Capital of the World” and although I wasn’t there for a wedding, this trip was all about weddings.
Wedding season is in full swing here at Haydel’s! Our friends at the knot recently released their Real Wedding Survey encompassing 13,000 U.S. brides who walked down the aisle in 2013. Despite the trend toward more casual celebrations, wedding budgets continue to increase. According to our local contacts at the knot, around 200 Louisiana weddings are represented in these numbers.
2013 Wedding Stats
- Average Wedding Budget: $29,858 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $86,916 average spend (excludes honeymoon)
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Idaho, $16,159 average spend (excludes honeymoon)
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,281
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 138
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June and September
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (35%), Purple (26%), Pink (25%), Metallics (25%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
Wedding budgets have continued to rise since the economic downturn five years ago. Carley Roney, co-founder of the knot, says much of modern couples expenses go to “creating a unique, personalized and once-in-a-lifetime experience for guests…”
In our upcoming blog posts, we’ll break down some top wedding trends, like personalization and modernization, and share ideas on how you can include them in your big day! Till then, happy planning y’all! – M.T.